Saturday, December 9, 2006

Plans change

(Just like everything else, I suppose.)

My mother called me this morning and asked if I'd come over for dinner tomorrow night. I'm not some mama's boy but I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving (which was in October, for you international readers.) This puts a crimp in my plans, because I was hoping to be transformed tomorrow night. It seems a little unfair just to show up at my mom's place and be like "Oh by the way, I'm a girl for now. Don't worry, I can change back, but I won't for a week." Um... right.

And I almost told her that when we spoke, but it doesn't seem appropriate to say over the phone. It sounds like a joke, and not a very funny one. So I guess I should go over and explain it to her...

That's gonna be a pain. I don't know what I was planning to do about my family. I'm out on my own so I was kinda hoping I could just not let them know and keep a low profile until it was over with. Guess that's not possible now.

So I gotta tell my mom. (Groan...) what'll probably end up happening is mom's gonna tell my aunts, my aunts are gonna tell my cousins, my cousins are gonna tell my brother, and maybe somewhere in the line somebody might let my dad know his youngest son is wearing panties.

I don't even know when I'm gonna do it now. I can't drive out to mom's, since I don't technically have a car these days. I wanted to get it over with before bed, but with all the time it takes to get out there.......

Crappy. I'll have to work something out.

mom, you're lucky I love your lasagna.

-Alex

No comments: