Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thinking about sex...

Not that I could ignore it, try though I might. i was just in that mood when I woke up this morning. Of course, coming from being a man, I was never used to not being in that mood. So my lack of interest in either gender was new and strangely refreshing. Not having it on my mind allowed me to get a lot more work done (with leeway for spending time acclimating myself to my new role.)

But yeah, I had some time on my hands this morning and... well, turn that into whatever double entendre you want. And? Hrm. I liked it. It was new, it was fun, and even though the idea of having someone do that to me is repulsive, the genie's out of the bottle by now. And most beneficially, once it was over, I felt like I could go again, unlike my usual experience where my resources are literally depleted.

I don't have to justify this to you. I knew from the start that I was in this to learn. I've learned. And by no means do I have to share any more than I'm comfortable with. I'll say this: would that be part of the sales pitch if genders had to recruit? Hmm... (smiles.)

"The world would be a happier place," says Trish, "If everyone had just one good orgasm per day."

From Wikipedia: "Some can reach orgasm merely by crossing their legs tightly and clenching the muscles in their legs, which creates pressure on the genitals. This can potentially be done in public without observers noticing." I don't think this is something I will be trying...

Wikipedia also summarizes a key part of the myth of Tiresias: "Tiresias was a priest of Zeus. The myth begins in the country, near Mount Kyllene in the Peloponnese, as Tiresias came upon a pair of snakes lustfully intertwined. He hit the copulating couple a smart blow with his stick - presumably striking a blow for animal decency. But Hera was not pleased: as the sensuous seductress of Zeus, she heartily approved of sex - even for the lower creatures. Her punishment was cruel - the worst a man could imagine. He was then transformed into a woman. As a woman, Tiresias became a priestess of Hera, married and had children, including Manto, who also possessed the gift of prophecy. According to some versions of the tale, Lady Tiresias was a prostitute of great renown. After seven years as a woman, Tiresias again found mating snakes; he made sure to leave the snakes alone this time. As a result of his experiences and lesson learnt Tiresias was released from his sentence, and permitted to regain his masculinity. All could then have been well, but Tiresias was drawn into an argument between Hera and her husband Zeus. A common area for marital discussion - who has more pleasure in sex - the man or the woman? Hera was clever enough to let Zeus believe that men were superior in this as in everything else. However Zeus and Hera asked him to settle the question of which sex, male or female, experienced more pleasure during intercourse, as Tiresias had experienced both. Zeus claimed it was women; Hera claimed it was men. As a dastardly man, he revealed woman's greatest secret: on a scale of ten, she gets nine parts of the pleasure to his one. Hera was furious, and instantly struck him blind - Zeus couldn't do anything to stop her - but he did give Tiresias the gift of second sight." I won't speak on this, but I'll say that as a man, I've certainly done my part to risk my own eyesight.

Nah, that's an urban legend.

I was riding home with Trish after a late exam. She mentioned she'd read the blog last night and told me not to worry about Diana (the girl from the record store.) So long as she could get over the magical gender switching I'm engaging in we should be fine. If I'm any good to hang out with (which, she assures me, I probably am,) she won't care, because even though my language is getting a bit more flowery and my attitude is a little less aggressive, I'm still less girly than most girls, so it can be a kind of "chaste date."

"I mean," she says, "it's not like you were going to get laid anyway."

Okay, I groan. I know it's true, but as a man, you've gotta hold out hope. But I laugh it off anyway.

Then, on the 80's and 90's hour on the radio just as we pull onto the QEW, I hear a fiddle strike up. I get a little more quiet. It's "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners. I just kinda stare out the window while Trish drives. It gets to the middle of the song and I haven't spoken in a while. "Is something wrong?"

I wince and turn toward her. My eyes are puffy and there's a swelling in my throat. The feeling is almost alien, because I've almost completely managed to supress any real emotion ever since I was in grade school. But suddenly I'm reminded of a girl who dumped me in the car while that song was playing, and I don't know. Maybe I was just feeling vulnerable or not bowing to the pressure to be a man and just swallow it, but I actually start to cry a little.

"Shit dude, you're freaking me out," Trish says, "Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you should cancel your date."

"Maybe I should," I sniffle a bit, "but I'm not gonna."

With all these clichés about femininity - from fashion to emotions to that whole wife-and-mother image - it's not hard to see why so many girls, especially these days, rebel with their style and attitudes getting a bit more boyish (not even "feminist.") If I had to do this full time... and if there's a God I won't... I'd probably be one of them.

But I only have to spend three more days in this body, so it's a free pass to all the female crap, so I might as well take advantage, while enduring Dave Kiniski's "hey there's goes the queer" remarks. I don't care, Dave should hear the way people talk about him. He's constantly interjecting into girls' conversations and trying to hit on them.

Besides, I'd like to see him try. I bet he's not man enough.

--Alex

No comments: